Product Details: Images
There are certain restrictions for image formats and sizes:
- Image formats that can be uploaded are .jpeg, .png or .gif.
- All uploaded images are converted to .jpeg format.
- If it was an animated .gif, it will no longer be.
- If it is a .png image with a transparent background, Linnworks also keeps it with a transparent background. While the image URL extension gets saved as .jpg for .png images, the transparency layer remains intact on the item.
- The maximum allowed image size that can be uploaded is 1800x1800px, any images exceeding this limit will be resized, keeping the ratio.
Details on submitting images to eBay can be found here.
Editing images for the SKU
When editing images for a single SKU, you can either upload an image from your computer or specify a URL if the file is already hosted online.
- To upload a file from your computer:
- Click Add Image.
- A window will open to select the image file(s).
- Click Save.
Alternatively, drag and drop the image from your PC to the Images tab.
- To upload from a URL:
- Click the arrow next to Add Image.
- Click Add Image from URL.
- A new window will open, requesting the URL.
- Enter the URL and click Accept to proceed or Close Window to cancel.
- Click Save.
Editing in bulk
Images can be added in bulk in two ways:
- If images are uploaded to the web you can use Inventory Import, please see our guide here. The file will need to contain, at least, a column for SKUs and a column for Image URLs.
- If images are saved on your PC use Drag & Drop import in the My Inventory screen, please see our guide here. For this, you need to organize images and a CSV file with details.