Edit Product Details - Inventory
The Inventory tab shows a list of physical locations for the SKU with the ability to define a bin/rack location for each warehouse that is added to Linnworks. Effectively this is the position on the shelf where the item is located and would be used when picking items for orders or booking stock in. If the item is batched, then this page will show all the batch information for the SKU, such as the batch number, sell by and expiry dates, status, Bin/Rack where these batches are placed in the selected location, quantities and value.
Please note! This tab will look differently for batched and non-batched items.
- Select the Location for which you want to add Bin/Rack, Level and Value.
- Double-click the line to add details.
- Click Save.
Only 1 Bin/Rack can be created for the item per location.
- Location: use this option to change the warehouse.
- Add New: use this option to add a new batch to the item. (LINK)
- Delete: use this option to delete the highlighted batch.
The main grid is a table of batches that are added to this Item. You can edit batches manually or in bulk (see below).
The following table is an overview of the available columns. All columns related to batches display batch information for the location selected in the Location drop-down box.
|Bin/Rack||This is the physical location of the batch in the current warehouse as selected in the Location drop-down.||YES|
This column shows all batches associated with the current item.
|Status||The status is given to each batch. It can be Available, Restricted, Damaged or Expired. The Expired status depends on the expiry date.||YES|
|Expires On||Refers to the date when this batch will no longer be available for ordering.||YES|
|Sell By||Refers to the date when this batch should be sold by.||YES|
|Start Level||This is the initial level of the batch when it is created.||NO|
This is the actual stock which is calculated as the start level minus the quantity reserved for open orders or already sold. This level is the value that is used when updating stock levels on the linked channels, however, only levels from Available batches are going to be used to update the stock level for the SKU.
|Value||This column will show you the total value of the batch, based on the quantity and its unit cost.||YES|
Adding a new batch
- Click Add New.
- A New Batch window will display.
- Enter the correct values for the new batch:
- Batch Number: It needs to be unique.
- Sell By: the date before which the items can be sold. The sell-by date needs to be prior to the expiry date.
- Expires On: the expiration date of the item.
- Bin/Rack: remember that only one Bin/Rack is allowed per item, status and batch number.
- Quantity: the quantity of items for this batch.
- Unit Cost: the unit cost for each item of this batch.
- Status: Remember that the status of the batch will be determined by the Sell by and Expiry dates
- Available - the Sell by and Expire on dates have not been reached yet (e.g. Sell by 20/06/2017 and Expire on 21/08/2017 - date now: 15/05/2017)
- Expired - the Expire on date has been reached (e.g. Expire on: 21/08/2017 - date now: 25/08/2017)
- Restricted - the Expire on date has not been reached yet, whereas the Sell by date has already passed (e.g. Sell by 20/06/2017 and Expire on 21/08/2017 - date now: 25/06/2017)
- Damaged - This status can be set manually.
- Click Add to create the new batch and then Save.
- Click the entry to highlight it.
- Click Delete.
- Click Save.
Editing batch details
- Click the cell to be edited.
- Remember that Batch No. and Start Level are not editable (see table above).
- Enter the new text/value and press Enter.
- Click Save.