A manual stock count is done to make sure that Linnworks correctly displays the actual number of items in the warehouse. The Linnworks Stock Count tool allows you to:
- Find out if there are any discrepancies between your actual stock and records in the system
- Update your stock levels after the manual stock count
- View all differences and download reports
Stock Count works with ordinary Linnworks Locations, WMS Locations, simple and batched items. Please Note! A mobile device with a scanner is required to perform stock count in Linnworks.
To demonstrate how to use the Stock Count tool, let's perform a count of a few test items:
- Log in to the mobile app to scan items
- Count the physical items at the location
- Input the amount into the mobile app
- Submit new data to Linnworks
- Review details in the Stock Count screen in Linnworks
- Download report
The stock count itself is performed from the mobile application. To access Stock Count on the mobile app, please log in to mobile.linnworks.net with your Linnworks credentials and select Stock Count. When you are logged in to the mobile app you will see stock level details of the location that is selected in Settings > General Settings > General > My Location. Swipe to the left and right to navigate between To Count and Stock Take screens.
- To Count screen: scan your items here.
- Stock Take screen: view items already scanned.
Please be aware, the user interface of the mobile application will be changed soon.
Scan your first item by barcode, SKU or Bin/Rack.
Simple Items vs Batched Items
When the first item is scanned, its details (SKU, image, Bin/Rack and current stock level) will appear on the screen. For batched items you will see additional batch details, and every single batch needs to be counted individually.
Click on the item to get to the count screens, swipe to the left to find one that is most convenient for you to use.
On the top of each screen, you will see Bin/Rack (CCC-1 in the example below), SKU (PANDY_NOUGAT), batch number (332211) and the amount of this SKU that you have already scanned (0). If for some reason you lose internet connection and get logged out from the mobile app, the system will remember which items were already scanned, and you will be able to continue after logging back in.
- Keypad screen
Manually input the amount of items you counted and click OK to continue.
- Box count screen
This screen is useful if you keep your items in the boxes. In Qty in box field specify how many items you keep in one box. You can do it either using the + and - buttons or clicking the field with the number between + and - and entering the amount manually. In the Boxes field, add the number of the boxes that you have counted. This way, Linnworks will calculate the total quantity for you, much like a calculator would. The Add Quantity field will show the total amount (Quantity in box * amount of Boxes). Click + or - in the Add Quantity field to adjust the count and click OK to continue.
- Scanning screen
Scan each item and the system will record the number of scans. In the Qty per scan field, you can increase/decrease the number of items to be counted per one scan with the + and - buttons. This can be helpful if you have large volumes of the same SKU.
Submit All Counts
When all the stock is counted, click Submit All Counts to submit updated levels to Linnworks.
Let's look at the example where we counted stock levels for t-shirts of different sizes:
- Current Stock in Linnworks: 51 item
- New count: 52 items
- Difference: 1 extra item
- Result: once Submit All Counts is clicked Linnworks will have 52 items for SKU SKU T-SH-M-Red.
- Current Stock in Linnworks: 37 items
- New count: 20
- Difference: 17 items missing
- Result: once Submit All Counts is clicked Linnworks will have 20 items for SKU SKU T-SH-L-Red.
- Current Stock in Linnworks: 39
- New count: 39
- Difference: no difference
- Result: once Submit All Counts is clicked Linnworks will still have 39 items for SKU SKU T-SH-S-Red
The Stock Count screen in Linnworks
To access Stock Count screen in Linnworks go to Inventory > Stock Count. This screen is a management screen where you can view detailed records of the stock count sessions performed by users, including all the discrepancies for stock levels and stock value. These details can be exported in a CSV file.
Filter: use predefined date selection (Today, Yesterday, Last 7 days, Last 30 days, This month, Last month) or set the range manually in the calendar provided. Another option is to use a grouping method with available options, you can use several of them:
- Bin/rack: select an exact or partial Bin/Rack match to return stock counts associated with them.
- SKU: select an exact or partial SKU match to return stock counts associated with them.
- Counts: select count types:
- Include Negative Discrepancy
- Include Positive Discrepancy
- Include No Change Discrepancy
Location drop-down menu: use this option to change the Stock Count screen to show stock counts at a different location. Stock Count is supported in both ordinary Linnworks Locations and WMS Locations.
Export button: click to download Stock Count report as a CSV file.
Stock Count Header: a stock count header with a record for every single day that stock count was done. It contains a date, discrepancy for stock levels, discrepancy for stock value.
- Closed stock count header. At the end of the day, the stock count is closed, and no other adjustments can be done to it.
- Open stock count header for the current day.
- Click the arrow to view detailed information about the stock count sessions done by a user.
Discrepancy: at the bottom of the screen, you have two types of discrepancies:
- Total Discrepancy: discrepancy for the whole selected time period.
- Filtered Discrepancy: (available if filters are used) discrepancy for a selected filter only.