The Suppliers screen allows you to register all suppliers you are working with and record their contact details: supplier name, address, phone number, email, etc. Once added, one or multiple suppliers can be assigned to items in the Product Details > Suppliers tab to work together with the Purchase Orders module.
Table of contents
- Suppliers setup
- How to assign suppliers to items
Use the Suppliers screen to add or update supplier contact details. Information about supplier codes, prices, barcodes, etc. are applied individually to each SKU. Please check our documentation on Managing Inventory Items - Suppliers for more details.
Add new suppliers
Go to Inventory > Inventory Settings > Suppliers. In the top right-hand corner click the +Add New button to add a new supplier. Fill in the supplier information and click the Save button at the very bottom of the pop-up.
- Add new suppliers in bulk via Inventory Import
Use Inventory Import to add new suppliers in one go. Remember to refresh your Linnworks account once the import is completed. Please note that this import will add new suppliers to the list when supplier contact details need to be updated manually or you can use drag & drop functionality.
Update supplier information
To update your existing suppliers with new details click the edit icon on the right side in the supplier row. Enter new details and click the Save button to add changes.
Select the supplier and click the Delete button in the top right-hand corner to remove it from the system.
Import suppliers in bulk using drag & drop beta
The Suppliers screen supports drag & drop import. To import your suppliers you need to:
- Prepare a CSV file with the list of suppliers and their details.
- Select the file from your PC and drag & drop it into the Suppliers screen.
- Select the import type Add or Update Suppliers and click Next.
- Map columns in the new Import screen. Please note that the currency field is required.
- Click Import.
How to assign suppliers to items
Assign suppliers to inventory items either manually or in bulk.
- To add the item supplier manually go to My Inventory, search for an item and open up Product Details > Suppliers tab. Click the +Add New button, select the supplier and save changes. In the same way, remove the supplier by selecting it and clicking the Delete button.
- Alternatively, use Inventory Import to assign suppliers to items and update supplier information in bulk. Please refer to our documentation on how to add or update supplier details for Linnworks SKUs in bulk for more detailed instructions.
Searching inventory by supplier code
Search items in the My Inventory screen using supplier codes. In the top left-hand corner of the screen select the supplier code filter in the drop-down menu, type in the code and click the Search button.
All items with this supplier code will now be displayed in the My Inventory screen.