In General Settings > Warehouse Management, you can configure multiple settings to set up the WMS location the way you need it to work.
Table of contents
- Default location
- WMS settings
Default settings - my location
If you are planning to use the WMS location as the main location to fulfil and dispatch orders from, select it as the main location in Settings > General Settings > General > My location:
It is also the location that will be automatically selected in Linnworks mobile in Settings > General > Current Stock Location:
Go to Settings > General Settings and open the Warehouse Management tab. You will see four sections displayed on the screen:
Bin rack types
This section allows you to create bin rack types that you use in your warehouse. Please see the instruction on how to create and work with bin rack types here.
Bin rack zones
In this section, you can create and set up your warehouse zones. Please see more details on how to set up warehouse zoning here.
In the Warehouse Settings section click the cog icon next to the WMS location to open the settings screen:
- FIFO: tick the box to instruct the system to operate as First In First Out. When enabled, the system will assign the value for the priority sequence (the sequence in which stock is getting allocated to orders) when booking the stock in. This setting assures that the oldest stock is being dispatched from the warehouse first.
- Batch format: select the format for the batch numbers that are allocated to stock when you book it in. Please see more details on batch numbers here.
- Use the purchase order number as a batch number: tick this box if you want to use a PO number as a batch number.
- Bin rack suggestions: select which bin racks you need the system to suggest. The suggestions are made for:
- Stock in: when booking the stock in.
- Returns: when dealing with returned items.
Order assignment rules
In this section, tick the box to enable the location to be used by the system when allocating stock to orders. Once the location is enabled, click the cog icon next to the WMS location to open the settings screen:
- Partial allocation: tick this box to allow the stock to be allocated partially. For example, one of the items in an order is out of stock when other items are in stock. With this setting enabled, all items that are in stock will be allocated. When this setting is disabled, the stock will not be allocated to the order until all items are in stock.
- Allocate to unpaid orders (auto allocation): tick this box if you want to allow the stock to be allocated to unpaid orders.
- Allocate to locked orders (auto allocation): tick this box if you want to allow the stock to be allocated to locked orders.
- Enable auto allocation: tick this box to allow the stock to be automatically allocated to orders once they are downloaded. The auto allocation process runs every 10-15 min.
- Allocate to unlinked orders (auto allocation): tick this box if you want to allow the stock to be allocated to orders that have unlinked items.
- Allocate to parked orders (auto allocation): tick this box if you want to allow the stock to be allocated to parked orders.
- Assignable types: tick bin rack types to allow the stock stored in those bin racks to be allocated to orders. For example, if you enable picking and returns, only items stored in bin racks with these types will be allocated to orders by the system.