Configurators host common details of listings such as listing type, return policy, payment methods, shipping info, attributes, categories etc. In addition, Linnworks makes use of multiple product descriptions, pricing, and titles defined in the system.
Table of Contents:
- Creating Configurator
- Editing Configurator
. 02:23Create an Amazon configurator
. 01:57Create an Amazon variations configurator
. 01:54Add attributes to an Amazon configurator
. 01:13Add browse nodes to an Amazon configurator
. 02:04Add shipping options to an Amazon configurator
. 58:47Amazon Listing
Creating an Amazon Configurator
To create an Amazon configurator, go to Settings > Configurators > Amazon > click the +Add New button.
Fill in all the details and click Save:
- Name: enter the name of the configurator.
- Site: select the Amazon international site that you will be listing on.
- Category: select which categories you wish to use for this configurator.
- Subtype: select a subcategory to use for this configurator.
The configurator is now created and you can configure other settings.
Editing an Amazon Configurator
When a configurator is created, make sure that you have configured all the sections. Below you will find a detailed guide for each of them:
The name of the configurator can be edited. The same configurator can be used to create listings for items that are similar so you can use the configurator name that will help differentiate between groups of listed items.
The Templates column shows how many templates are assigned to the configurator (single listings/variations). Click on the number to see the templates.
The Site column specifies the Amazon marketplace that you will be selling on. Please Note! Not all Amazon marketplaces support listing. Please see here.
In the Categories window, select which categories you wish to use for this configurator. You are only able to edit it before the first listing is created for this configurator.
In the Subtype window, select which subcategories you wish to use for this configurator. You are only able to edit it before the first listing is created for this configurator.
Specify shipping settings for the configurator in the Shipping window.
Shipping Templates: (recommended option) premium shipping option templates need to be created on your Amazon account on Amazon back-end. Template names can be mapped in the configurator > Shipping > Premium Shipping Options via Default Value or Extended Properties:
- If you wish to have every listing under this configurator use one shipping template, then enter the Amazon Merchant Shipping Group Name (same as on Amazon) in the Default Value column.
- If you want listings under this configurator to have their shipping options set on a per SKU basis, then create an item extended property on each SKU with type Attribute and Value set to the Merchant Shipping Group Name you wish to use for that SKU. Then enter the name of the extended property in the Extended Property column here. This will tell Linnworks which property to look for on your SKUs.
Shipping Override Options:
Please note that Shipping Override Options are available to Amazon users who have not migrated to the new shipping settings as shipping overrides are replaced by shipping templates. Learn how to migrate to the new shipping settings.
There are 3 shipping override options:
- Default: allows using default account-level shipping settings for all products listed using this configurator.
- Simple Option: allows you to select Ship Internationally and Expedited Shipping options that differ from your default shipping services. Items listed using this configurator will have the selected shipping options.
- Shipping Override: allows creating specific shipping rules for products that will be listed using this configurator. To add a rule:
- Click the +Add New button.
- Select shipping service in the Name column.
- Service Level will be matched to each shipping option automatically.
- Shipping cost can be added as a default value in the column Cost or mapped in the Extended Property column.
- From the Type drop-down box select the shipping cost type:
- Exclusive - replace current account-level shipping charge with a completely new shipping charge for one SKU;
- Additive - adds an extra charge to the current account-level shipping cost for one SKU.
- Tick Is Restricted to exclude the selected shipping service from the listing.
Please Note! If a shipping option is not selected in Linnworks.net, then settings selected in the Amazon account for this shipping method will be used in listings. This is why the Is Restricted option needs to be selected in order to exclude such shipping services.
Options selected in Shipping Override Options will override shipping settings selected in your Amazon account. With Shipping Override option enabled, default shipping settings will be used in listings only if a shipping option is not added in the Shipping Override section. Note that using Premium Shipping Services will take priority over shipping overrides.
In the Browse Nodes window, select which Amazon browse nodes you wish to use for this configurator. The number on the button will stand for the number of nodes that you have selected.
The Browse Nodes screen is divided into three parts:
Available browse nodes: all browse nodes that are available on the channel will be available here. Select nodes that you wish to use for this configurator by clicking the + button.
Selected browse nodes: every listing created via this configurator will be able to use browse nodes from this table. Tick any browse node as Default if you wish to use a certain browse node every time for this configurator. You will still be able to change the browse node manually on each listing template.
General Settings: browse nodes can be mapped through an extended property of an item. Extended property value will override the default browse nodes specified in the configurator. This gives the option to set up different nodes for different items while still using the same configurator.
Depending on the Category and Subtype that were selected in the configurator, Linnworks will download relevant attributes from Amazon that will be available in the Attributes column. Select those attributes that you wish to use for this configurator. The number on the button will stand for the number of attributes that you have selected.
Attributes that have a red “i” icon are required by Amazon and need to be present on the listing, the rest are optional.
The Attributes section consists of two parts:
Available attributes: attributes from the selected category and subtype in Amazon, select those that you wish to use for this configurator by clicking the + button.
Selected attributes: every listing created via this configurator will be able to use attributes from this table. For selected attributes you need to specify where the value is taken from:
- If Linnworks should pick up the information from the extended property of the item, specify the Extended Property name in the corresponding column.
- If Linnworks should use a default value, add it to the Default Value column.
- Tick Is Variation against the attribute to mark the attribute as a variation attribute. This will assign the marked attributes to variation products. Please Note! Use only if required, for variation listings only.
- Example 1. Products where the price of each specific variation would be different. If you are selling dietary supplements in different quantities, so that variation theme is Quantity and there is a different price for a pack of 12 and a pack of 24, you would need to mark the Standard Price attribute as Is Variation to ensure that the correct price is picked up for the selected variation.
- Example 2. Products where each variation child item has a unique difference that you would like to specify in the attributes. If you are selling shirts using the Size attribute as the variation theme, you may wish to make your listing description more specific by specifying a varying sleeve length, which will be different, depending on the size variation that the buyer has selected.
It is possible to set multiple values for the same attribute where Amazon allows more than one value - add the same attribute to the configurator multiple times. Examples of such attributes are Department, Material Type, and Special Features in the Luggage category.
The Is Variation setting
Tick this box for the attribute that you need to be visible in the child item information on the listing. For example, if you tick it for the material attribute then when selecting a child item (it can be a T-shirt of a particular colour and size), this attribute will be visible in the description of this specific T-shirt and not just parent item.
Variations (only for variation listings)
To create a variation listing, you need to have variation-compatible configurator that has variation attribute(s) added to the Variations column. As an example, it can be colour, size or type, so each variation child item will have its own value that will be available in a drop-down menu on the listing.
The Variations section consists of two parts:
- Use main item images only: tick if you want to display images on the listing from the main item only and keep all other images disabled. Otherwise, each child item will have its own image.
- Ignore variation children with errors: enable to allow creating variation listings even when some variation items return errors with matching products to catalog (error 8541 or 8542).
- Extended property for variation title: tick if you have stored a listing title as an extended property, then you can use this option to select that extended property. Otherwise, Variation Group Name will be used as the listing title.
- Selected variation theme: select the variation theme from the drop-down box. This will add variation attributes to the Variations attributes window; variation themes are set by Amazon and will vary depending on the categories. Linnworks fetches the available variation themes directly from Amazon. (If you have problems with listing a specific variation theme, then please try to list the variation through seller central to confirm that the variation theme is supported as these have been known to change on Amazon's end without updating 3rd party resources).
Variation attributes: in this table, you will see variation attributes selected for this configurator.
- From the Extended Property drop-down box select the extended property that will contain this variation value on the item.
- If for some reason any of the variation child items will not have that extended property, use the Default Value cell to add a generic value for them.
The Fulfillment column is available only if you have at least one Amazon channel integration that has FBA enabled.
There are two types of listings on Amazon: MFN and FBA. Linnworks has the option to specify if you would like to automatically create only FBA or MFN listings or both at the same time:
- If the BOTH option is selected, then Linnworks will create two templates: MFN and FBA (Channel SKUs will be SKU & SKU_FBA).
- If the NONE option is selected, then Linnworks will create only default MFN listings.
Another option is to specify a type of listing for the item via the extended property for fulfillment type setting.
You can use any extended property name for this, but the value should be FBA, MFN or BOTH. Same as in other parts of the system, the extended property has priority over the default value selected in fulfillment type.
Once all the above is set, you can proceed to My Inventory to create listings.