Table of Contents:
- What is Extended Property?
- Using Extended Properties in the system
What is Extended Property?
Extended properties are used to define the product specifications better and later use these specifications in listings. While stock item itself only keeps basic information (stock levels, image, title); with the use of extended properties, it is possible to specify such item details as item condition, brand, model, material, style, the category the item will be listed in, shipping prices, variation attributes such as size, colour, width, length, etc.
In the below image of the listing example are shown details that can be sent to the channel from the item details and via the extended properties:
- - details stored in the item.
- - details stored in the extended properties.
Extended Property and Default Value
Alongside extended property names, you can add default values that will be used in the template. In modules where information from extended properties can be mapped to an attribute, extended properties will always have a priority over the default value. You can find more information here.
Update extended properties
There are several ways how you can update existing extended properties and listings. It can be done from the inventory, from the configurator, and from the listing template. Check this detailed guide to find the best option for you.
Using Extended Properties in the system
Extended properties for the item are saved in the Edit Item screen > Extended Properties tab.
To add a new extended property, click +Add New button and fill in the name, value, and type of extended property:
- Name: name of the property will help you identify what type of information it contains. For example, Size, Colour, MPN, ASIN, Height (mm).
- Value: the value of the extended property stands for the specific item information. For example, Large, Blue, 740.
- Type: Attribute is the most common type used for listing creation to provide additional information for the listings such as listing specifics, attributes, bullet points, images. Details about other types can be found in the table below.
- A new extended property with the same name as an already existing extended property on this SKU cannot be added.
- There is a limit of 50 characters on Property Name and a limit of 2000 characters on the Property Value.
Editing Extended Properties in bulk:
Extended properties can be added and edited in bulk using imports:
To add or edit extended properties via import, use the Inventory Import
- In the Inventory Import, map the extended property name column
- The CSV file needs to contain the following columns: SKU, Extended Property Name
To delete extended properties in bulk, use Delete Extended Properties import.
- The CSV file needs to contain the following columns: SKU, Extended Property Name, Extended Property Type. One extended property name can be deleted per one import.
- To get a file with the list of SKUs with a certain extended property, use a Query Data report called Extended Properties.
Extended properties can be used to pass information about items to listings. Fields, where extended properties can be used, can be found in configurator settings where extended property mapping if offered.
Types of Extended Property
The following table lists all extended property types and a brief description of their use:
|Attribute Type Name||Description|
|Attribute||When creating Listings through My Inventory, Linnworks can use values from Extended Properties with this type to provide additional information to the listing, such as eBay Item Specifics, eBay Variation Specifics, Amazon attributes etc.|
|Channel||Used when creating new listings on eBay via a Configurator to override the default value saved in the configurator.
|Compatibility||Used for eBay kType listings to provide compatibility information.|
|Fulfilment SKU||A Fulfilment SKU is used when your Drop Shipper / Fulfilment Centre uses a different SKU to yours to identify the product. When submitting orders from Linnworks to a Fulfilment Centre, the value of this property will be sent instead of the Linnworks SKU. It will also be used when receiving stock level updates from the Fulfilment Centre. This functionality also applies to FBA locations. For the Fulfilment Centre functionality to make use of this extended property, it needs to be set up in the following way:
|Other||When using this extended property type, Linnworks makes no specific use of the property by default. However, it is possible through order automation scripts or macros to extract data contained in these properties and make use of it.|
|Stock item Label||When printing Stock Item labels, it is possible to include the value of an extended property when it matches the following criteria:
|Shipping||This Extended Property type was previously used when creating stock items from listings through LinnLive. Information such as the shipping cost will be saved as an extended property with type 'Shipping'. This functionality has now been deprecated along with LinnLive.|
|Condition||Extended Property type was previously used when creating stock items from listings through LinnLive. This functionality has now been deprecated along with LinnLive.