Magento 2 Template
Review the templates for your listings and check attributes, categories, description, and images in the Magento 2 Templates screen. Check all details to make sure that the correct data was picked up from the SKUs, because everything that you can see in the listing template now will be sent to the channel.
Below is a description of each column:
- URL: a direct link to the listing that has been created from this template.
- Action: allows to Create or Update the listing.
- Status: shows the status of the listing for the template - Listed / Not listed / No active listings.
- SKU: the SKU that will be used for the listing on the channel. The code that identifies the product within your business. For effective tracking and sales reporting, each SKU needs to be unique.
NB! Linnworks will not allow creating a listing on Magento 2 with SKUs that contain a forward slash (/). We also recommend avoiding using percentage signs (%). This is done due to Magento API limitations, which would cause issues with stock level and price syncs. Please see here for details. For any SKUs containing / and %, we recommend changing the SKU in the template before listing creation.
- Title: a name for your product that customers will see on the listing.
- Configurator: the name of the сonfigurator that was used to create the template.
- Price: The price that you're charging for the product. the listing template picks up the price automatically from the Listing Descriptions tab in Edit Item, based on priority.
- Categories: categories that were marked as Default will be automatically selected in the template. You can add/delete them before creating the actual listing.
- Description: the description of the product that will be shown on the listing. Contains HTML for listing design. More details here.
- Attributes: item attributes that were picked up for the template and will be used in the listing.
- Variations: ensure that all variation attributes are mapped correctly. If the background of the button is red, this indicates that a value is missing or wrong. You can make changes to missing or erroneous variations in this screen, but those changes will not affect the inventory details in the system. For more information check this guide.
- Related: shows a list of related items if there are any.
- Images: when creating a template for the first time, Linnworks will add all the images associated with the SKU, with the main image appearing first in the list. This list can be customised by adding new images directly in the template:
- Use main item images only: (only for variations) only images from the variation parent will be added to the template.
- Add Images from Product: adds images from the inventory that are stored in the Images tab in Edit Item and in the Extended Properties, but are not yet added to the template. The order of the images will not be changed. Images added to the template manually will not be deleted.
- Reload Images from Product: adds images from the inventory that are stored in the Images tab in Edit Item and in the extended properties, and re-orders them in the following way:
- Main image
- Template images (manually added to the template with +Add Image)
- Secondary images from the item
- Images from extended properties
- Add Image: use to upload new images from the computer or a website
- Drag and drop images to change the order.
- Each uploaded image can belong to one of the following types:
- Base - the base image is the main image on the product detail page. Image zoom is activated if you upload an image that is larger than the image container.
- Thumb - the thumbnail images appear in the thumbnail gallery, shopping cart, and in some blocks such as Related Items.
- Small - the small image is used for product images in listings on category and search results pages, and to display the product images needed for sections such as for Up-sells, Cross-sells, and the New Products List.
- Swatch - used to represent the variety of colours or patterns on the configurable product page.
- Alt text - create your own image role and set it for product images.