When a listing is created or updated, information is always sent in the following order:
SKU > Configurator > Listing Template > Channel Listing
- The information is picked up from the SKU, its Listing Descriptions, and Extended Properties.
- The information is passed through the configurator, where it picks up the selected attributes and additional information.
- The information is added to the listing template, which in turn passes it to the listing on the channel.
During a listing update from Linnworks, all information from the template is (re)sent to the channel. Not only specific data like the title or a single attribute.
Revise via My Inventory
Right-click on the templates column > Revise selected
- Prices, Titles, and Descriptions are taken from Product Details > Listing Descriptions with the following priority:
- EBAY0_UK - if there is a price/title/description for a specific Subsource with a country suffix (for eBay only), it will always have priority for this Subsource and marketplace (ebay.co.uk in our example).
- EBAY0 - if there is a price/title/description for a specific Subsource, it will be used for that Subsource (all Subsources).
- Default - if there is only a Default price/title/description added in the Listing Description tab, it will be used for all channels which do not have entries specified in points 1 and 2 above.
- Retail price/Item Title/Metadata from the General info tab in Edit item - if there are no Default records (3) or Subsource records (1 and 2) in Listing Descriptions, the values from the General tab will be used.
It is recommended to make changes to the values by Subsource in the Listing Descriptions tab, or update them via a price/title/description import instead of amendments in the General tab.
- Attributes: if the values of any extended properties used in the listing attributes have changed in Linnworks, this option will push those changes to the template and then to the live listing.
- Add New Attributes: if the configurator has item specifics/attributes added, this option will add those item attributes and the associated values to the template and then push them to the live listing.
NB! Attributes and values manually added on the template directly are not removed with this method.
- Update Images:
- Reload Images From Extended Properties: replaces all images on the listing with images defined in extended properties.
- Reload All Images: replaces all images on the listing with images from the SKU Images tab and Extended Properties.
- Custom revisions: allows you to select several of the above options at once.
The Revise configurator option does the same thing as the Adjustment option above. During revision, each listing associated with the configurator will be updated. In order to trigger the configurator revision, please do the following:
- Select the required configurator(s).
- Click the Settings button in the top right-hand corner of the configurators screen.
- Click the Revise selected option.
- Review the information about the selected listings (total number of listings/variations to be revised) before revising the listings.
- Tick check-boxes against the parameters to be updated on all the selected listings.
- Confirm by clicking Revise Selected button.
- If you need to update all listings under a specific configurator because changes were made in the configurator, then you can revise the configurator to make sure all listings under this configurator are updated with new information from the configurator.
- If you've made changes to one or several SKUs, then it is better to use the Adjust Inventory option to populate these changes to the listing instead of revising the whole configurator, as revising all listings under the configurator is not required and can be time-consuming.
Updating a template will only send information from the template to the listing. If anything was changed in the configurator or item, then these changes will not be updated on the template or sent to the listing. You'll need to use adjust/revise for that (see above).