Pickwave - Tray picking
Tray picking was designed as an additional setting for Directional pickwaves to give you more control over items picking. In the warehouse, your staff normally uses trolleys with TOTEs. Each TOTE can also contain a few trays in it. Using tray picking, you can now log which specific TOTE and tray have been used to place an item into. This also helps to despatch orders faster as you can quickly find trays with items you need.
To use tray picking, go to Settings > General Settings > Linnworks Mobile and scroll down to the Pickwaves section. In this section, set up the following:
- Force tray scan: when enabled, a tray must be scanned or selected before items can be picked.
- Tray scan control: sets restriction for tray scanning. Once enabled, select one of the options below:
- Unrestricted: no tray control. You can place items in any trays you want.
- Order: all items from the same order need to be placed into the same tray.
- Item: different items from the same order need to be placed into different trays.
- Note! This setting sets the restriction per item and per order. If you have the same items for different orders, these cannot be placed into the same tray.
- Tray barcode prefix: optional prefix for tray barcodes to help identify a tray scan.
The same settings can be configured in Linnworks mobile in the Settings screen:
Tray picking in mobile
Step 1: selecting the pickwave
Go to the Pickwaves screen and select the pickwave you will be working with.
Step 2: scanning
When picking items, you need to:
- Scan the TOTE you will be putting trays with items into.
- Scan the SKU.
- In the pop-up, scan the next available tray to place an item into.
The following error message will be displayed on the screen when:
- With the Tray scan control > Order setting: you are trying to use the same tray for different orders. To fix the issue, use the unique tray per order.
- With the Tray scan control > Item setting: you are trying to use the same tray for different items for the same order or different orders. To fix the issue, use the unique tray per item and per order.
Step 3: completing the pickwave
Repeat the same steps until all the items from the pickwave are picked and placed into trays. Please see the complete pickwave and how it is displayed in mobile below:
.03:38Configuring picking to trays
.05:45Picking to trays process