Mobile Stock In allows you to book stock in and mark it as delivered for a specific purchase order from a mobile scanner.
Table of contents
The Stock In screen
To access Stock In on the mobile app, please log in to mobile.linnworks.net with your Linnworks credentials and select . You can perform stock in by individual SKU or by purchase order (PO).
- By default, SKU or Barcode tab will be selected once you open Stock In. To stock in by SKU simply scan SKU, a barcode, or product identifier.
- To stock in by PO switch to the Select a PO tab. There you can see a list of all existing open and partially delivered POs. For each PO you will see purchase number ID, a date when it was created, the status of the PO, number of items due, and delivered quantity. Click on the PO to see the list of SKUs.
For example, in this image, we can see PO dated 22 January 2019 with ID PO22010987 that is a partially delivered PO with 2 SKUs in it. For SKU TEST_SS7055 there were 15 SKUs ordered, 1 of them is delivered and 14 remain due. For SKU TEST_SS7056 also 15 items were ordered, 10 out of them are delivered and 5 remain due.
Click on the SKU to perform actual stock in for the items.
Simple Items vs Batched Items
The process is different for non-batched and batched SKUs.
For non-batched items, you will be asked to enter (scan) all the items. There are 3 count screens that will allow you to perform stock in. Swipe to the left and right to navigate between count screens. On the top of each screen:
- SKU details: SKU number and title.
- Quantity: number of this SKU that you have already scanned.
- Print Stock Item Label: tick to print labels while doing stock in. If selected, after clicking OK you will see the Print Stock Item Labels screen where you specify the template name and quantity of labels you would like to print. Check Printing documentation to see how to set up printers.
- Select Binrack: click to scan a bin rack where you will place your items. Note! you will not be able to proceed without adding a bin rack.
Manually input the number of items you counted.
Box count screen
This screen is useful if you keep your items in the boxes. In the Qty in the box field, specify how many items you keep in one box. You can do it by either using the + and - buttons or clicking the field with the number between + and - and entering the amount manually. In the Boxes field, add the number of the boxes that you have counted. This way, Linnworks will calculate the total quantity for you, much as a calculator would. The Add Quantity field will show the total amount (Quantity in the box * the number of Boxes). Click + or - in the Add Quantity field to adjust the count.
Scan each item and the system will record the number of scans. In the Qty per scan field, you can increase/decrease the number of items to be counted per one scan with the + and - buttons. This can be helpful if you have large volumes of the same SKU.
Once done tap Update Quantity to continue.
When you scan a batched SKU you will need to input details for a new batch or select an already existing one.
- New: enter new batch details and select a bin rack. Once done click Book In.
- Existing: Select one of the existing batch numbers, the bin rack will be populated automatically.
Once done click Book In. Now you can continue with the new item.
Stock In - Overbooking
In the Settings screen, there is an option Allow overbooking of PO which when enabled lets you book quantities higher than the ones specified in the PO. This same setting can be configured in Linnworks.net in Settings > General Settings > Linnworks Mobile.
With this setting disabled, the system will not allow you to book more quantity than there is in the PO. If you try to book in more, the following message will be returned on the screen: System config doesn't allow overbooking. Max quantity allowed: X.
With this setting enabled, you can book the quantity delivered by the supplier even if it is bigger than the one in the PO. In this case, the quantity requested in the PO will be booked in against the PO and the rest will be booked in as Stock In Direct. This can be tracked from the Stock Item History tab.
Stock value calculation
The system calculates the Stock Value of the items depending on how you are booking the stock levels in:
Booking stock for individual SKUs
You can book the stock for individual SKUs by opening the Stock In screen and selecting the SKU or Barcode tab. To book the stock, you would scan SKU, a barcode, or a product identifier and book the stock for the scanned item. In this case, the system takes the Unit Cost from:
Booking stock from a PO
To book the stock from a PO, open the Stock In screen and go to the Select a PO tab. In this tab, you can see a list of all existing POs. You can click the PO to see the list of SKUs and deliver them. In this case, the system takes the Unit Cost from the PO.
*Important! If you are using the Allow overbooking of PO setting and you have an overage on a PO (for example, you ordered 15 and the supplier delivered 20) then the quantity of 15 will be booked with the Unit Cost from the PO. The remaining 5 items will be booked as if you were booking the stock by SKUs.
For additional advice, please see the following videos:
.02:29Overbooking from a PO