Open Orders: The Screen Overview
The Open Orders screen offers advanced functionality for managing and controlling the entire life cycle of your orders from printing shipping labels to sending the tracking and despatch information back to the selling channel.
Go to Orders > Open Orders to access the screen. There you can view and work with:
- Open orders views
- Create a new order
- View settings
- Orders table
- Orders selection
- Autosize columns
Use the Search field in the top left-hand corner of the screen to search for specific orders. Type in the search key and click the search icon to look for open orders in the currently selected view.
If there are no orders found in the current view, the system will search for orders in other views and in the Processed Orders screen.
Open orders views
An open orders view is a separate tab that you can configure to display orders containing the most relevant information. Use the Views drop-down menu to quickly switch between different open orders views.
At the bottom of the drop-down menu, the Manage views button is available. Click it when you need to access Order View Manager to customize the views. See this guide for more details on how to work with open orders views.
In the top right-hand corner of the screen, you can see the location that you are currently working with. To switch between locations, open the drop-down menu, and select the required location.
Create a new order
Use the New Order button in the top right-hand corner of the screen to create open orders in the system manually.
More information on how to create and edit open orders manually here.
When one or more orders are selected, the Actions button becomes active and gives you a drop-down menu of all the actions that can be done on an order:
- View order: displays all information about the selected order.
- Organize: allows organizing orders into different folders, assigning tags or identifiers to orders, and moving orders between different locations.
- Items: enables you to assign batches to orders, link unlinked items, and add items to purchase orders if those are out of stock.
- Shipping: allows changing a shipping service, provides shipping quotes, lets you cancel a shipping label, and split packaging.
- Pickwave: enables you to add an order to a pickwave or remove it from one.
- Print: allows printing all kinds of order documents: invoice, shipping label, pick list, pack list, and stock item label.
- Process orders: use this action to process orders individually or in bulk, which moves them to the Processed Orders screen.
- Other actions: enables you to update the status of an order, view order notes, view order XML, split orders, merge orders, cancel an order, delete an order, send an email and run rules engine.
- Copy text: allows you to add the highlighted text in the orders table into the clipboard.
- Search selection: allows you to put the highlighted text in the orders table into the search bar and automatically triggers the search.
You can also select and right-click an order to access the Actions menu. More information on all actions and how to apply them on orders here.
Use the Sync button to refresh the currently selected view and have all the latest data displayed on the screen.
In this section, you can also see how many orders are currently selected, and when the last update of the screen was triggered.
Use the Filters button to apply additional temporary filters on the open orders view to quickly find orders that match certain criteria.
More information on how to work with quick filters in Open Orders here.
In the top right-hand corner of the screen, click the cog icon to open the Editing View screen. A detailed guide on all available view settings and how to work with them can be found here.
The orders table displays the list of all open orders in the currently selected view. The visual representation of the table and the available columns on the screen will differ depending on the view type (simple or advanced) and the settings on your view.
The visible columns also determine which data on the orders can be used as a search key in the search bar.
The first column in the columns line is for order selection. Clicking the cells in this column will select the orders on the respective line. When an order is selected, the cell displays a checkmark . Click the Clear selected link next to the Sync button to deselect orders.
Clicking the empty cell in the header line acts as a Select All function and selects either all orders in the view or a specified batch of them as set in your View Settings.
In the Open Orders screen, all heavy actions (for example, processing thousands of orders in bulk) run as separate jobs on the background so the screen can still be used for other actions.
In the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, you can click the Jobs button to see your bulk order jobs.
See this guide for more information on how to work with the Jobs screen.
It is possible to reorder columns in the open orders view by dragging and dropping columns into the required places. Use the Autosize Columns button to bring columns back to the original order.
- Icons and symbols in the Open Orders screen
- The Quick Filters panel
- The Actions button and the right-click menu
- The Fulfilment Overview screen
- Open orders jobs