Open Orders: Views Manager
In Orders > Open Orders, instead of displaying all unprocessed (unshipped) orders on one screen, you can set up a view to group orders which meet specific criteria. You may want to set up multiple views depending on the tasks you need to perform on open orders. For example, you can create views that display:
- All orders
- Ready to process orders
- Unpaid orders
- Out of stock orders, etc.
Table of contents
How to access Order View Manager
Go to Orders > Open Orders and click the Manage Views button to add the first view:
If you already have several views set up, go to Orders > Open Orders and open the drop-down menu with views to access Order View Manager:
The Order View Manager screen overview
There are four main sections in Order View Manager that you can work with when creating or customizing views:
Use the Search field to look up the specific view. Type in the name of the view into the field to start the search.
On the left side of the screen, you can see the list of all open orders views. There are two tabs available for selection:
- Visible: the views that are visible in Open Orders.
- Hidden: the views that are hidden from Open Orders.
See how to make a view visible or hidden here.
You can also sort the list by clicking the icon and then dragging and dropping the view where needed.
In the same section, you can use the Create New View button to create open order views. More details on creating views here.
When you select the view on the left side of the screen, the following actions become available:
- Visible/hidden: make a view visible or hidden. You can use the hidden option when for example you are not using a view anymore but you do not want to delete it from the system completely.
- Edit view: access the Editing View screen and add all kinds of fields, sorting, filtering, etc. More details on how to set up custom views here.
- Copy: copy the selected view.
- Delete: remove the selected view from the system.
- Note! This action cannot be undone.
- Name: use this field to change the name of the selected view. Type the new name into the field and the system will save it automatically.
Use this section to grant access to the view for specific users. Click the Add User or Group button, check tickboxes for required users or groups and click Save to apply changes.
Click the delete icon when you need to remove the access to the view for the user or the group.
NB! For the documentation on the earlier version of the Open Orders screen, see here.