Open Orders View: How to Customize
In Order View Manager > Editing View, you can set up your own custom views and add all kinds of fields, sorting, filtering, etc. to group orders which meet specific criteria relevant to the task you need to perform on those orders.
Table of contents
- How to access the Editing View screen
How to access the Editing View screen
You can access the Editing View screen from:
In the Open Orders screen, select the view in the views drop-down menu and click the cog icon in the top left-hand corner:
In Open Orders, open the views drop-down menu and go to Order View Manager. In this screen, select the view and click the Edit View button:
In the Editing View screen, there are three sections you can work in:
Any settings you enable or disable on the screen are displayed in the preview. Click the hide preview button to close the preview section.
Fields, sorting & filtering
See below the main fields and subfields that you can enable or disable in the view. To enable the required field, check the box placed near the field.
Click the categories below to see which fields are available to be enabled/disabled for open order views.
- General ᐁ
- Shipping ᐁ
- Customer ᐁ
- Folders ᐁ
- Fulfillment ᐁ
- Items ᐁ
- Totals ᐁ
Uncheck the field to disable it and this field will not be present in the orders view.
To add sorting to a view, select the field you would like to sort the view by and click one of the options below:
- None: use this option when you need to remove sorting by the selected field.
- Ascending: use this option to arrange items from smallest to largest.
- Descending: use this option to arrange items from largest to smallest.
On the right side of the screen, you can view all the sorting that is currently applied to the view.
Once the sorting is added, click Save to apply the changes.
You can apply additional filters to customize the view even further.
To add a filter to the view:
- Click the Add Filter button.
- Select the option: is or isn't.
- Note! This option may differ depending on the selected field.
- Add the parameter for the filter. For example, the Shipping vendor IS Royal Mail.
- Click Save.
Click to delete the filer. Use the Clear Filters button to remove all filters at once.
The Buttons section allows you to add view-specific hot buttons like print an invoice or a picklist, move orders to another location, add identifiers, etc.
To add a new button:
- Click Add Button in the Editing View > Buttons section.
- Specify the name of the button.
- Select the action that this button will do when pressed. To switch between available action options, click the button multiple times.
- Contact: allows you to send an email.
- Folder: lets you assign orders to a specific folder or remove them from it.
- Identifiers: allows you to assign identifiers to orders or unassign them.
- Locking: use this action to lock or unlock orders.
- Move to the location: use this action to move orders to a specified location.
- Print: use this action to print different kinds of order documentation: invoice, picking list, packing list, shipping labels.
- Process: provides two options: process orders individually and batch process. More information on processing orders here.
- Set tag: allows you to assign tags to orders.
- Shipping: use this button to get shipping quotes or assign a shipping method.
- Status: allows you to change the order status to paid or unpaid.
- Select an icon for the button.
- Select the style:
- Note! Button styles may be subject to change with the style of Linnworks.
- Preview the button.
- Click Save to add the button to the view.
- Use Delete when you need to remove the button from the view.
To edit an existing button:
- Select the button in the left-side menu.
- Change what is required.
- Click Save.
In this section, you can set up or change the following settings:
- Name: use this field when you need to change the name of the view.
- Number of items: use this setting to set up the maximum number of items to be displayed in the row.
- Batch size: allows setting a batch size that selects the specified number of orders when pressing the select all icon.
- Delete view: use this button when you need to delete the view from the system.
- Note! You cannot undo this action.