If a customer isn’t happy with the delivered item for whatever reason, you may need to exchange it for a different item. Linnworks allows you to log an item that has already been returned for an exchange or book exchange for a later date. This will log the returned item or book a new return to be actioned later, and create a new order for the exchanged item.
1. Find your order
Open the Processed Orders screen and locate the order you wish to log an exchange for. Right-click the order and select Action > Returns, Exchanges & Resends.
Select the item you want to exchange, and click Add RMA.
2. Add an exchange to the order
The top of the New RMA screen shows details about the item you're logging an exchange for. The bottom half of the screen is split into three tabs, Return, Exchange, and Resend.
To log a new exchange, select the Exchange tab.
You can configure your exchange using the following fields.
- Return to: the location/warehouse that the item will be returned to.
- Return quantity: how many items are being returned.
- Scrap Quantity: how many returned items will be scrapped and not returned to stock.
- Exchange for: the new item that will be sent to the buyer.
- Exchange Quantity: the number of new items being sent to the buyer.
- Exchange order location: the location that the new order will be fulfilled from.
- Additional Cost: any additional costs paid by the buyer.
- Reason: the reason the item was returned.
- Reason category: a custom category for the return. These categories can be managed by clicking the settings icon next to the Reason category field. The reason categories are shared between returns, exchanges and resends.
- Refund: add a refund if required. It is empty by default.