If a buyer needs to return an item, you can use Linnworks to log and book that return. You can either choose to scrap the returned item or return it back to stock to be sold again.
1. Find your order
Open the Processed Orders screen, and search for the order you wish to exchange. Right-click the order and select Action > Returns, Exchanges & Resends.
Select the item you want to return, and click Add RMA.
2. Add a return to the order
The top part of the New RMA screen displays details about the item you're logging a return for. The bottom half of the screen is split into three tabs, Return, Exchange, and Resend.
To log a new return, select the Returns tab.
You can configure your return using the following fields.
- Return to: The location/warehouse that the item will be returned to.
- Return quantity: The number of items being returned.
- Scrap quantity: The number of items that will be scrapped instead of going back to stock.
- Reason: The reason the item was returned.
- Reason category: A custom category for the return. These categories can be managed by clicking the spanner icon next to the Reason category field. Reason categories are shared between returns, exchanges and resends.
- Refund: Enter a refund amount if required. The system will add the full price of the item by default.