Kaufland - Rules and Guidelines
When Kaufland is integrated in Linnworks.net orders will be downloaded and can be seen in the Open Orders screen. However, there are some differences in behaviour compared to other channel integrations that should be taken into account.
Orders downloaded from Kaufland require a SKU for Linnworks to correctly assign the order items. However, Kaufland does not call the product identifier a SKU. There are 2 identifiers, id_offer and id_item:
- id_offer: This is an optional value that can be set to a value of your choice
- id_item: This is an internal Kaufland ID, normally controlled by Kaufland
Linnworks will initially search for id_offer and display this in the mapping screen and use this for linking listings to Linnworks Inventory. If id_offer does not exist the id_item will be displayed and can be used for mapping
If a mapping is created using the id_item and subsequently an id_offer is added to the listing, the mapping will be lost and you will need to remap the listing
The id_offer can be set on the listing in the following way:
- Through the Kaufland website when initially creating the new listing
- Login to the Kaufland seller portal
- Select Meine Angebot > Angebote manuell verwalten
- Select Neuen Artikel anbieten
- Search for an item, for example; enter Duracell in the textbox labelled Titel oder Namen eingeben and click Suchen
- Click on the anbieten button for the item you are interested in
- Ensure you ender your SKU in the text box labelled Ihre SKU
- Through a CSV import to Kaufland to either create new listings or update existing listings
- Details on working with Kaufland listing files can be found here.
Kaufland listings that do not contain a SKU in the id_offer field will be downloaded into Linnworks using the id_item value assigned by Kaufland. If the listing has been manually mapped in the Inventory Mapping screen using the id_item, the order items will be linked as normal
Selling Items with Multiple Conditions
On Kaufland, it is possible to sell the same item with multiple item qualities. For instance; 3 separate listings for the same model camera as new, A grade and B grade stock. If an id_offer is not specified, the inventory mapping will show the id_item suffixed with the condition of the item specified on the listing. If an id_offer is specified on the listing, the mapping screen will display that, without any item condition information.
In the following screenshot, the batteries have been listed 3 times. In the SKU column, the top two listings do not have an id_offer and so are displayed with the id_item and item condition. One has been listed as new and the other as used - very good. The last listing has been given an id_offer of testtest and so could be automatically mapped to a Linnworks SKU of testtest. The other two listings will have to be mapped manually.
All Kaufland items are tax inclusive at point of sale as the channel does not provide tax information with the order. A zero item tax rate will be assumed and Linnworks will back calculate tax based either Stock Item Tax or Country tax settings as defined in Linnworks
If a buyer purchases multiple items throughKaufland, these are provided to Linnworks as individual orders. Therefore a Kaufland order in Linnworks will only ever contain a single item with a quantity of one.
Please note you can make use of the Linnworks Order Merge functionality to combine orders from the same buyer into a single Linnworks order for despatching purposes.