Shopify - Configure Channel Settings
Linnworks integration has multiple settings that allow detailed control of how Linnworks interacts with Shopify. This guide will help you to configure your Shopify channel to make sure Linnworks is doing what is required.
Once the channel is added click on the pen icon in the channel integration screen for the required Shopify integration.
Available for the configuration options:
- Enabled: tick to allow communication between Linnworks and Shopify, without this ticked no information will be sent to the channel or received from the channel.
- Site URL: your site URL needs to be your Shopify subdomain NOT your website domain. For example linnworks.myshopify.com.
- API key: the private apps API key as provided by Shopify.
- API password: the Private Apps API Password as provided by Shopify.
- Test: used to confirm the supplied credentials work correctly allowing communication between Shopify and Linnworks.
- Despatch Notes: after processing the order in Linnworks, a despatch notification and Tracking number (if available) will be submitted to the channel. When the option is disabled no despatch information will be submitted to Shopify.
- Where possible Linnworks will attempt to match the Carrier name to those predefined by Shopify, however in the event of no match is found the Vendor's name as defined in Linnworks will be submitted to Shopify
- Cancellation Notes: when enabled Linnworks will send order cancellation notes to your sales channel once the order is partially or fully canceled.
- Order Refund: refunds will only be issued on Shopify when this option is enabled. Only orders with the status of Shipped can be refunded and the value being refunded must be less than or equal to the amount the customer paid.
- Notify Customer: tick this setting if you wish to notify customers of order changes (e.g. despatch, cancellations, refunds).
- Notify POS Customer: tick this setting if you wish to notify POS customers of order changes.
- Use channel tax settings: when enabled Linnworks will use the tax percentage directly from the Shopify order data when it is downloaded to Linnworks. If the option is not enabled Linnworks will back calculate tax based on the stock item tax or country tax as defined in Linnworks.
- Save Discount Information: if enabled Linnworks saves additional Discount information in notes.
- Download unpaid orders: if enabled Linnworks will download unpaid orders from Shopify.
- Treat Authorized Payment As Paid: when enabled, orders with financial status Authorized on Shopify are downloaded as Paid in Linnworks.
NB! Download unpaid orders must be enabled to use the Treat Authorized Payment As Paid setting.
- Download processed orders: if enabled Linnworks will download Shopify orders shipped during the past 30 days (only orders that do not already exist in Linnworks) and mark them as processed. Note! This option will not deduct stock level in Linnworks, all the downloaded orders will be added to the Processed Orders screen. Rules engine will still run on these orders. If you need to import shipped orders older than 30 days please see this guide.
- Process POS orders: if enabled Linnworks will process all unshipped orders identified as from a point of sale source during order download. Please note! This option will deduct stock levels in Linnworks. More details here.
- Download Order Fraud Risks: if enabled Linnworks will download the order fraud risks and PARK any order that has a recommendation to Investigate or Cancel.
- Update Inventory: allow Linnworks to submit changes in-stock level to Shopify. Linnworks supports multiple stock locations for additional warehouses/fulfillment centers/suppliers. Ensure you set which Linnworks locations are used when submitting changes in-stock level to your channel via the Location Mapping screen accessed from the main Channel Integration screen.
- Max Listed: this specifies the maximum level that will be sent to the channel.
- For more details go to the Max Listed guide.
- Stock Percentage: this will send a percentage of the currently available stock level to the sales channel.
- For more details go to the Stock Percentage guide.
- End When: this enables you to force the listing to end when the stock level gets to the specified amount as opposed to the default value of zero.
- For more details go to the End When guide.
Price Change: designed to automate the process of updating the sales channel once a Linnworks stock item has had its listing price updated and saved
For more details go to the Price Change guide.
- Listing download in progress: tick box will tick itself if a Listing Update has begun.
- Listing download start time: this will show the date and time of when the update has begun.
- Last listing download completion time: the time when the last listing download was completed (launched via the Download listings button).
- Listing download estimated completion: this will give you an estimate of when the listings download will be complete – the time can vary depending on server speeds and the number of listings.
- Download Listings: click on this button to force Linnworks to request an update from the channel for your active listings.
Click Save to keep all the selected settings.