The General Settings tab is divided into 3 sections to allow you to configure both global and user-specific settings for your Linnworks account. All settings are global for all users unless specifically stated as User Specific in this guide.
Table of Contents
The Default Settings controls information related to the physical location of the account and user working with Linnworks.net.
- My Location (User specific): This is the location/warehouse that you are working from, i.e. where the pc is located. Any orders processed will then deduct stock from the selected location and Open Orders will use this location for the stock level indicators. This affects which Location is displayed by default for the user in My Inventory and Open Orders in Linnworks.net.
- Сlick Manage Locations button to add /edit/delete locations that are used in the system. More details on how to work with locations here.
- Default Currency: This setting allows entry of the ISO Currency Code used by Default for Linnworks orders. Examples of the ISO Currency Codes are GBP for Pounds Sterling and USD for American Dollars. Enter the code with the keyboard.
- Click Manage Currencies button to add/ edit/delete conversion rates for currencies that are used in the system. This is the base currency that is used throughout the entire system for your inventory value and reporting. More details on how to work with currencies here.
- My Country (User specific): When creating new direct orders Linnworks will use the selected country as the default country.
- Click Manage Country List button to update the list, to change names, codes and tax rates. Your country tax rate will be set for direct orders by default. If you change the country of a direct order, the tax rate of this country will be applied to the order. More details here.
- Registered Country: The registration country is automatically assigned to a user when Linnworks account is created and is taken from the Super Admin settings. This setting applies to orders that do not have a country specified when they are downloaded into Linnworks to calculate the order tax. Go to Account Details to change the country. Please Note! Users will not be allowed to delete Registration Country from the Country List.
- Configurator Images: Click Manage to upload images directly to Linnworks without having to assign those images to a stock item. This is useful when using images in an eBay listing HTML template that are not item specific, such as store logos and generic sizing guides.
Units of measurement
The Units of measurement section allows you to set the parameters used system-wide when it comes to weight and length measurements.
- Weight: Use the drop-down list to set how the weight measurements are defined for your inventory and packaging. Where required by a courier Linnworks will automatically convert from the base measurement to the one that is required by the carrier.
- Dimension: Use the drop-down list to set how length measurements are defined for your inventory and packaging. Where required by a courier Linnworks will automatically convert from the base measurement to the one that is required by the carrier.
- Packaging Selection Method: Use the drop-down list to define a method to be used for automatically selecting an appropriate packaging type with a defined packaging group.
- Legacy Desktop Compatible: Packaging group is defined on the order level based on the preferred packaging group of the first order item found by the system.
- Take maximum dimensions of order items: Works out the largest dimensions of an item and finds a packaging type that fits.
- Stack items vertically: Stacks all items vertically, calculate overall volumetric and find package type that fits.
- Fit into Packaging by weight: Fit into Packaging by weight.
- Fit into packaging by all dimensions: Fit items into packaging using all available packaging types.
- Fit into packaging by best fit using all package groups (3D): Fit items into packaging using only the assigned packaging types from the order items.
Default Tax Settings
The Default Tax Settings section controls the application of VAT/Sales tax against order items in Linnworks.net. Default Tax Settings are based on the Registration Country. To be able to apply different default taxes, Registration Country need to be changed in Account Details.
- VAT registered business: If enabled, confirms that your business is set up as VAT registered and your VAT number Registration should be added for your records. Click here to know if you are legally required to be a VAT registered business.
- VAT Registration Number: Enter your VAT number. VAT identification number (VATIN) is an identifier used for value-added tax purposes.
- Direct orders tax is inclusive of the item price: If enabled, tells Linnworks that when calculating VAT for an item in an order, the price specified already includes VAT at the specified rate.
- Example: An item has a price specified as £10.00. With Direct orders tax is inclusive of item price disabled, and a Tax Rate specified of 20%, the item is £10.00 excluding tax and £12.00 including Tax. With Direct orders tax is inclusive of item price enabled, the item is £10.00 including tax and £8.33 excluding tax. This setting defaults to Disabled.
- Purchase orders tax rate default to 0: This option controls the way Linnworks includes Tax on items when added to Purchase Orders. This setting defaults to Disabled, this meaning that the system will use the default or specified VAT rate for an item in a PO. When enabled, the items would be added to a PO with a VAT rate of 0, and this can be manually edited.
Purchase Order Settings
The Purchase Order Setting allows creating additional types of cost that can be used with purchase orders.
- Additional cost types: Click Manage Types to add, edit or delete cost types that are defined in purchase orders.