Table of Contents
- Add New: Use this option to add a new Region to your Country
- Delete: Use this option to delete the highlighted Region
|Region Name||This column will show the name of the Regions for this particular Country. You will find that only the United States has regions added by Default.|
|This column shows the specific ISO Code for this Region.|
Where a Channel supports the option "Use Channel Tax" such as Etsy and when it is enabled the tax rates provided by the channel will be used and Linnworks tax rate settings will be ignored.
This column displays the Tax Rate used for this selected Region. The value of this field will be used to set the tax for either a downloaded order or a direct with the defined Region Name.
Tax rates will be always applied using the following specific order of preference.
|Use Country Tax Rate||
By enabling this option, the Region Tax rate will be overridden with the Country Tax Rate and set the Region Tax Rate to zero. Leaving the option unticked, the set Region Tax Rate will be applied.
This column is a drop-down list where you can choose among None, Name and Code.
This column will be used to include additional valid tags for this Region. These tags are then used when Replace With is set to either Name or Code.
Adding a new Region
- Locate the country you want to add a region.
- Clicking on the Regions button you will be able to add a new region to the country.
- A new popup window will be displayed. Click on Add New
- Enter the Region Name, Code and Tax Rate.
- Choose one of the options for Replace with: None, Name or Code.
- Click Save to continue and return to Regions.
- Add any valid Regions tags to map with. To do so, click on the button Region Mapping.
You can edit information here at any time.
Example use of Region Mapping
I have orders coming into Linnworks with the Region set to Calif which I want to automatically set to California as this is the correct Region / State name
- Locate the United States in the Countries List
- Click on the Regions button
- Locate California in the list of Region Names
- Set Replace With to Name
- Click the Region Mapping button
- Enter Calif to the Region Mapping Tag list
- Click Save to save changes to the Region Mapping Tag list
- Click Save to save changes to the Region Mapping