In the Order Settings screen, you will find all settings related to order management grouped by types. Go to Settings > General Settings > Order Settings and configure rules to define how the system needs to work with your orders.
Table of contents
- Order merge and split
- Error prevention
- Order processing
- Payment methods
- Despatch console
- Date Format: date formats can be displayed in either UK or US formats. Select the date format you prefer for your order dates:
- UK Format = dd/mm/yyyy
- US Format = mm/dd/yyyy
- Complete and Process: show the Complete and Process button when creating new orders.
- *Note: This setting is applicable to the old Open Orders screen only.
When a user is creating a new order, the Complete and Process button lets the user process the order as soon as it's created.
Order merge and split
The settings related to open orders merging and splitting can be set up in this section:
- Auto Merge Orders: enable this setting to instruct Linnworks to automatically merge orders that meet certain criteria. This process will automatically look for and merge open orders every 15 minutes.
- Restrict Order Splitting: enable this setting when you need to restrict users to be able to manually split orders placed in another month. When enabled, only orders placed in the same month can be split.
- *Note: Processes that automatically split orders in the system (for example, partially refunding or canceling an order on Walmart) will not be stopped by this setting.
Depending on your workflows, there are several settings that can help you avoid errors when working with open orders. Check Scanning and Pre-processing options and tick if any of them are applicable to your processes.
- Order Item Scanning: if enabled, then it will not be possible to process the order until barcodes for all order items are scanned.
- Scan Composite Parent: check the box if you want to scan the parent SKU of the composite item only instead of the whole composition.
- Alternate Scanning Fields: enable to allow scanning a stock item SKU or Product Identifier instead of its barcode/serial number.
- Check Payment Status: if enabled, then you will only be able to process orders with the Paid status.
- Order Item Linking: if enabled, then you will only be able to process orders which have all items linked. If at least one order item is not linked, then the system will not allow you to process the order.
- Check Stock Availability: if enabled, then you will only be able to process orders where the ordered items have enough stock to process the order in this location.
- Check Document Printed: if enabled, then you will only be able to process the order if the selected document was printed:
- Pick List
- Shipping Label
All settings related to folder management are grouped here. Select Folder Manager to create new folders or delete existing ones.
- Single Folder: orders can only be placed into one folder. If the order is already placed to any folder, then assigning it to a new folder will automatically remove it from the original folder.
- Copy Folders: if selected, new orders that are created as a result of the split will not be assigned to any folder. It is disabled by default, which means that split orders will inherit folder(s) assigned to the parent order.
Click the Add Folder button to create a new folder or the delete icon to remove the folder.
This section of Order Settings allows you to manage payment methods used to pay for orders: PayPal, Stripe, Bank Transfer, etc.
To add a new payment method, click the Add Payment Method button, enter the name and click Accept. Similarly, use the delete icon to remove the payment method.
Click the Make default button for the selected payment method to set it as the default method for all direct orders created in the system.
- Process Order Barcode: if enabled, then you can process orders in the Process Order screen by scanning a specific barcode instead of clicking the Process button.
- Space Bar Processing: if enabled, then hitting the space bar in the Process Order screen will process the order. Please be careful with this setting, as it will process the order immediately.
- Batch Size: select the batch size of orders to be processed. Linnworks will split the processing of large amounts of orders into batches to reduce the risk of timeouts. If timeouts still occur, please consider lowering the number of orders in the batch using the drop-down menu.
- Labels: if enabled, then clicking Process Orders will automatically print a shipping label once the Process Order screen opens. Linnworks will print the label based on the postal service assigned to the order. If the order’s shipping service is set as Default, then the label will not be printed.
- Invoices: if enabled, then clicking Process Orders will automatically print an invoice once the Process Order screen opens. Linnworks will pick an invoice template based on the printing conditions that are configured for the invoices.
- Prompt for Weight: if enabled, then clicking Process Orders will automatically open a screen where you will be required to input order weight in order to continue.
- Prompt for Scan: if enabled, then clicking Process Orders will request to scan the items from the order before you can continue.
- Batch Process By Tracking Number: when enabled, you can process an order in the Despatch Console by scanning the order tracking number which was provided at the time of printing the shipping label. When using the Batch Process by Order ID option in Despatch Console, Linnworks will find the order with the scanned tracking number and automatically process it.
- Default Tab: select the default tab which will open automatically when using Despatch Console.
- Exclude Unpaid: if enabled, then in the By Item Barcode tab in Despatch Console, orders marked as unpaid will not be returned by the system.
Custom identifiers for open orders can be used in the Rules Engine module as both, a condition that will check the current identifier on an order, as well as an action to actually assign this identifier to an order.
There are default identifiers created to optimize rules that need to run against Amazon orders.
Add your own custom identifiers by clicking Add New, giving them a Name, Tag, and uploading an image so that it is easy to identify them. Click Save. The new identifiers will be available for all users on your account.
To assign an identifier manually, go to the new Open Orders screen > Actions (or right-click the order) > Organize > Identifier > Assign Identifier > select required identifier. It will be displayed in the General Info column.
You can assign more than one identifier to the order.