Deutsche Post - Add New Integration
This guide will explain how to integrate a Deutsche Post account with Linnworks.
How to add Deutsche Post integration?
Please Note! Deutsche Post has to do an additional account config for the integration to work. Please contact Deutsche Post before attempting to integrate the carrier. Contact details for DP (sales) are: Phone: +44 (0) 845 0133 103 and E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to Shipping > Integrations > + Add integration and select shipping vendor Deutsche Post
Follow integration steps:
- Enter an Account Name you wish to use to identify this integration within Linnworks. (this can be anything, e.g. Deutsche Post Account 1 but should be meaningful for later reference) and Click Next.
- Enter your Deutsche Post account number (EKP) provided by Deutsche Post and click Next.
- Enter Sender Details. The address where you would like your parcels to be returned in case there is such a need. Click Next to continue.
- Click Close to start adding services and use the integration.
When integration is saved, click Config to add more details for your integration that will be used as Default (optional, alternatively you can specify them for each service):
- Customs Details - will be used as default if they are not specified on the item or service:
- VAT number
- Country of Origin
- HS Tariff code
- Shipment Type
- Pickup Details - will be used as default if they are not specified on the item or service:
- Pickup Type:
- Drop Off
- DHL Global Mail
- DHL Express
- Pickup Slot - required for DHL Global Mail and DHL Express
- Pickup Location - required for DHL Global Mail and DHL Express
- Pickup Type:
- Label Options
- Default Label Reference 1 - default option to display on the label as a customer reference, has a limit of 20 characters
- Express Airwaybill
- Number of bags/boxes - enter the number of airways bills you require
In order to get the required waybill label(s), the manifest should be filed and printed. Waybill labels are separated per service. For example, you would like to get a waybill for tracked service and another waybill for standard service etc. If number 2 is entered for No. of Airwaybill you will receive 4 labels. This is an important process that should be done whenever you have a pickup coming.
Deutsche Post properties
Go to Shipping > Integrations and click the Properties button for the Deutsche Post integration.
In this screen, you can map the following properties:
- Item extended property: allows submitting additional specific info from an inventory item to the courier when the request for a shipping label is done.
- Order property: allows submitting additional specific info from an order to the courier when the request for a shipping label is done.
For information on creating and using extended properties please see the linked guide.
- Item extended property mapping:
- Order property mapping: