Parcelforce - Rules & Guidelines
This section includes an outline of the rules you must follow when using a Parcelforce integration, as well as information that may be useful before integrating.
Table of Contents
- Collection Times
- Printing Shipping Labels
- Size and Weight Restrictions
- Shipping Outside United Kingdom
Where Parcelforce is the courier, the shipping date/time is set by the collection time for the day that the order has had its shipping label printed rather than the time of printing the shipping label itself. The collection times for Parcelforce can be set in the configuration for the courier in Linnworks on a time per day basis.
To set the collection times, navigate as follow:
- Open the Shipping Integrations Screen
- Click Shipping
- Click Integrations
- Set Collection Times
- Click Config alongside Parcelforce
- Scroll to Collection times and set the times for collection per day
When printing shipping labels the following consignment elements should be corrected if they are invalid:
- Package dimensions - must be greater than zero (taken from packing group)
- Postcode - UK format for domestic shipments
- Company name - mandatory (substitute contact name if empty)
For parcels sent in the UK
There is a maximum size limit for parcels sent in the UK of 1.5 metres in length and 3 metres length and girth combined.
The girth of the parcel can be measured by multiplying the width and height of the parcel by 2. If the parcel is an odd shape, the dimensions are based on the smallest cubic shape in which the parcel will fit...png
The weight of an individual parcel should be less than 30kg.
There are no weight restrictions on multi-parcel consignments, as long as each item's weight does not exceed the individual parcel weight restriction.
For sending larger parcels, please book the service via parcelforce.com or take it to the nearest Parcelforce depot.
For parcels sent overseas
Country-specific weight and size restrictions can be found here.
Read more about volumetric charges here.
International Shipments Considerations
Some Parcelforce Worldwide International services including those to some European destinations must have weight, dimensions and content of each package clearly specified. The actual requirements will depend on service, the destination country and contract type (e.g. volumetric) – Full details are available from Parcelforce Worldwide.
In order to successfully print International labels the following minimum conditions must be met for each international label:
- The order must have weight. Ideally, each order item must have weight specified in Linnworks.
- The packaging must be selected.
- Each order item cost must be specified in the order (0 order items will result in an error, unless this is a resend in which case Linnworks will set the order item value to 0.0001)
- In case of split order packaging, each package must have weight, dimensions and a number of items in the package.
Sending mail to the Channel Islands
In order to send mail to the Channel Islands, the following conditions must be satisfied:
- The country must be set to the name of the Channel Island. e.g. - Jersey or Guernsey
- Matching country code will be automatically set. e.g. - JJ or GG
- A valid Channel Islands Post Code must be supplied
- NOTE: Parcelforce do not validate that the Channel Islands postcode is correct, however, if the postcode format is incorrect (e.g. - 12345) a warning in the response will be provided (RecipientAddress/Postcode does not match the postcode format. This may invalidate the normal delivery guarantee.) but the shipment is still created
- Shipments must be created with the euroEconomy EPH service.
- The International Shipments considerations above must be followed
- Customs information must be supplied as though shipping to a non-EU country
Sending mail to the Republic of Ireland
A valid Irish County must be entered into the Region/State field.
Valid counties are:
- Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Donegal, Dublin, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow