Royal Mail OBA - Edit Services
This guide covers parts of the Edit Services screen that are specific to your Royal Mail shipping integration
Linnworks.net aims to make handling courier shipping services as simple as possible, regardless of what courier you are using. The most common steps for managing shipping services are available in our Generic Guide to Editing Services.
Royal Mail OBA services
To add shipping services go to Shipping > Integrations > Services
- Select service from the drop-down menu
- Click Add
Royal Mail OBA available services
- Click here to see the full list of available services ᐁ
Royal Mail service options
To edit services, go to Shipping > Integrations > Services > Edit on the required service line.
Please note the available options can depend on the service.
- Overwrite service level: leave this at the default value unless instructed to change it by Royal Mail.
- 2D Tracking Number: when ticked, the 2D confirmation number is added to the tracking number field of any order without a valid tracking number. The 2D confirmation number will also be submitted to the sales channel if the Despatch Notes option is enabled.
When unticked, only valid tracking numbers are saved in the tracking number field. The 2D confirmation number is still saved in the manifest.
NB! This setting is enabled by default.
- Default Weight (grams): enter the numeric value for the default weight that will be used if the order does not have a weight added from inventory items.
- Always Use Default Weight: when ticked, the default weight value will be applied to every order printed with this service.
When unticked, weights will be taken from the orders as defined by the inventory items.
- Print Pick List: when ticked, a picklist with order items will automatically be printed after the shipping label in a predefined format. This format cannot be adjusted unlike a regular Picklist set up in Template designer.
- Pick List Format: select whether the picklists are printed in Landscape or Portrait orientation.
- Print Commercial Invoice: when ticked, a Commercial Invoice for Non-EU International orders is printed in A4 format.
- Commercial Invoice Copies: The number of Commercial Invoice copies to print.
- Customs Value Includes Tax: when enabled, Linnworks will use the tax-inclusive order Total Value and the Unit Value of each item for any customs information printed and submitted to the courier. More details here.
NB! This setting is enabled by default. Disable it to instruct Linnworks to use the order Total Value and the Unit Value with tax excluded.
- Print Customs Forms: when ticked, a CN22 (if total value of order items is under £270) or CN23 (if total value of order items is over £270) form will be printed and populated automatically for the order, if the Shipping Country will require the CN22/CN23 form and will go through Customs. The CN22 form will print straight after the shipping label (size 6x4).
The CN23 form will print to screen as A4.
When unticked, the form will not print automatically after the label even if it is required.
- Customs form copies: The number of CN22/CN23 copies to print with the label.
- Shipment Type: OTHER, DOCUMENTS, SAMPLE, GIFT
- Use Signature: print CN22/CN23 with a signature added.
- Signature: the name/surname to have printed on the CN22/CN23 if the above setting is ticked.
- Validate Customs form: when ticked, an error message is displayed if the HS tariff code or Country of Origin are missing or invalid.
- Default HS Tariff Code - HS tariff code to be used if none is added via Item or Order Extended Properties.
- Default Country of Origin - Country of Origin to be used if none is added via Item or Order Extended Properties.
- Delivery terms - the delivery terms used for the shipment e.g. DDP (Delivery Duty Paid), DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid)
Label Design: It is possible to print 3 out of 4 variables on the shipping label. Select variables that you would like to have printed on your shipping labels:
- Order ID as barcode: Order ID as barcode can only be selected as Label Reference 1.
- Order ID: Linnworks order ID.
- Order reference: Channel Reference Number.
- Item SKUs: Item SKUs are always printed as the last reference, separated by a comma, and are limited to 3 lines. If SKU exceeds 50 characters, then the remaining part will be printed on the next line.
- Saturday Guarantee: For a small fee, Post Offices throughout the UK will accept your items on Friday for by 9 am, or by 1 pm next day delivery on Saturday with inclusive tracking and signature on delivery.
- Only available for Special Delivery Services.
- Available for orders with total weight up to 2kg using Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9 am, and up to 20kg using Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1 pm.
Notification (available only for Special Delivery Services)
- Email notification: customer receives an email notification.
- SMS notification: customer receives an SMS notification.
NB! Both (emails and texts) are sent by Royal Mail directly and the settings will be enabled by default.
Custom Barcode (available only for non-tracked international services)
- Save customs barcode: when ticked, the customs barcode is saved in the tracking number field on the order.
NB! Use this option with caution as it can ruin seller metrics. Check with your sales channel support, if you are not sure.