UK Mail - Edit Services
This guide covers parts of the Edit Services screen that are specifc to your UK Mail shipping integration
Table of Contents
Linnworks.net aims to make managing courier shipping services as simple as possible, regardless of what courier you are using.
This is why everything you should need to manage your UK Mail shipping services can be found using the following generic service editing guide.
Linnworks allows you to print labels for the following UK Mail Shipping services:
- Account Number (Compulsory) - It is required that an account number be selected if a service is to be used.
- On Delivery Confirmation - Check if you require confirmation of delivery.
- Exchange On Delivery - Check to allow exchange via delivery.
- Signature Optional - Checking this will confirm if a signature is required on delivery or not
- Unticked: The delivery must be signed for on delivery.
- The “Signature Optional” flag works in conjunction with the selected UK Mail Postal service codes as shown on the pdf UK Mail Delivery Choices Service Codes.
- Service codes “YYY” and “NNN” have a mandatory requirement for a signature and therefore the option must be unticked.
- Service codes “YYY/Safe services” do not have this mandatory requirement, therefore the option can be ticked or unticked dependant on your own business policies.
- NOTE : Dependant on the type of goods this may be a mandatory requirement to meet legal requirements such as shipping alcohol.
- Book In - Check if delivery requires special arrangement.
- Long Length - Needs to be checked if the parcels are over 1.4 meters in length.
- Extended Cover - Select the number of extended cover units you require.
- Documents Only - Check if the goods being delivered are only documents.
- No Dangerous Goods - Check if delivering dangerous goods, note these would need the correct paperwork.
- In Free Circulation EU - Check in you allow free circulation in the European Union.
- Goods Description - Enter a description of the goods being sent.
- Invoice Type - Select the type of invoice.
- Pre Delivery Notification - Select the delivery notification method if applicable.
- Customer Ref: select an option you prefer to use as a reference.
- Alternative Ref: same as above with the additional option of custom text.
- Custom Alt Ref Text: type your custom text if selected this option above.
- Print CN22: when ticking this option, a CN22 form will be printed and populated automatically for the order, if the Shipping Country will require the CN22 form and will go through Customs. The form will print straight after the shipping label. When unticked, the form will not print automatically after the label even if it is required.
- CN22 Shipment Type: OTHER, DOCUMENTS, SAMPLE, GIFT.
- Electronic Signature: print CN22 with an electronic signature.
- Signature: the name/surname you wish to have printed on the CN22.
- Validate CN22: if ticked the error message will appear if there is incorrect information for Tariff Harmonisation Code or Country Of Origin.
- CN22 Copies: the select amount of CN22 copies you would like to be printed.
- Print PickList: when ticked, a pick list with order items will be automatically printed after the shipping label in a predefined format. This format cannot be adjusted unlike a regular Pick list set up in Template designer.
- Print List Orientation: picklists can be printed in Landscape or Portrait format.
- Goods Description: description of the goods being sent (for example Merchandise).
- Invoice Type: choose a ProForma or Commercial Invoice if necessary.
- Reason for export: choose the correct option from the dropdown.
- Terms of delivery: by default will be set as Delivery At Place.