UK Mail - Edit Services
This guide covers parts of the Edit Services screen that are specific to your UK Mail shipping integration
Linnworks.net aims to make handling courier shipping services as simple as possible, regardless of what courier you are using. The most common steps for managing shipping services are available in our Generic Guide to Editing Services.
UK Mail services
To add shipping services go to Shipping > Integrations > Services
- Select service from the drop-down menu
- Click Add
UK Mail available services
For UK Mail International services, the selected service code does not matter. When the label is printed, UK Mail automatically assigns the most appropriate service and the respective label is returned. All international services are universal and any of them can be used for international shipping
- Click here to see the full list of available services ᐁ
UK Mail service options
To edit services, go to Shipping > Integrations > Services > Edit on the required service line.
Please note the available options can depend on the service.
Account Number (Compulsory)
- Account Number: enter your UK Mail account number in order to be able to use the service.
- On Delivery Confirmation: when ticked, confirmation of delivery is sent via email and SMS.
- Exchange On Delivery: when ticked, exchange on delivery is allowed.
- Signature Optional: this flag works in conjunction with the selected UK Mail Postal service codes as stated in the UK Mail Delivery Choices Service Codes.
- When ticked, no signature is required on delivery.
- When unticked: a signature is required on delivery.
- For service codes “YYY” and “NNN” the option must be unticked since signature is a mandatory requirement.
NB! Signature requirement may depend on the type of goods for legal requirements as well e.g. when shipping alcohol.
- Book In: tick if the deliveries require special arrangements.
- Long Length: tick if the parcels sent with this service are over 1.4 meters in length.
- Extended Cover: select the number of extended cover units required.
- Documents Only: tick if only documents are delivered with this service.
- No Dangerous Goods: tick if your shipment does not contain dangerous goods.
- In Free Circulation EU: tick if free circulation in the European Union is allowed.
- Pre Delivery Notification: select whether and which pre-delivery notification is used.
- Defer Service: tick to allow the service to be deferred.
- Deferred Days: select the number of days the service will be deferred.
- Goods Description: enter the description of the goods shipped with the service.
- Invoice Type: select the type of invoice required.
- Reason for export: select the reason for export.
- Customs Value Includes Tax: when enabled, Linnworks will use the tax-inclusive order Total Value and the Unit Value of each item for any customs information printed and submitted to the courier. More details here.
NB! This setting is enabled by default. Disable it to instruct Linnworks to use the order Total Value and the Unit Value with tax excluded.
- Customer Ref: select the customer reference printed on the label.
- Alternative Ref: select the alternative reference printed on the label.
- Custom Alt Ref Text: enter the text printed on the label in the alternative reference field if you selected custom text in the above option.
- Print CN22: when this option is ticked, a CN22 form will be printed and populated automatically for the order, if the Shipping Country requires a CN22 form and will go through Customs. The form is printed straight after the shipping label.
When unticked, the form will not print automatically after the label even if it is required.
- CN22 Shipment Type: OTHER, DOCUMENTS, SAMPLE, GIFT.
- Electronic Signature: print CN22 with an electronic signature.
- Signature: the name/surname that will be printed on the CN22.
- Validate CN22: when ticked, an error message is displayed if the HS tariff code or Country of Origin are missing or invalid.
- CN22 Copies: select the amount of CN22 copies that will be printed.
- Print PickList: when ticked, a pick list with order items will be automatically printed after the shipping label in a predefined format. This format cannot be adjusted unlike a regular Pick list set up in Template designer.
- Print List Orientation: picklists can be printed in Landscape or Portrait format.